Saturday, August 8, 2020

What does health care have to do with general welfare?

Bianca Lannier: LOL, I love your satirical posts... they're good enough that lots of Cons even get fooled into thinking they're answering one of their own :) ... I must disagree with on you 1 point though... the Ebola thing... if your neighbor gets Ebola I'd like to be immediately notified so I can take a hasty vacation for a far away country, as the US will have a very terrible month of bleeding from every orfice before horrible death :)

Stevie Kizziar: I suspect this is a parody of the right - but given the lunacy of some extremists on the right I cannot be sure, so if it is - well done, if it is not - here is my response.1. You are dead wrong. Illnesses do spread from person to person and even through the community other than from person to person. Using your argument you could claim that no situation affects the General Welfare. If my neighbour is killed by a terrorist or your neighbour is raped - that is thier *individual* problem2. Nobody is advocating "public! healthcare" - there is simply nothing about this bill that results in the government becoming more a provider of healthcare, nor an insurer than they are now.3. The list of countries that are "free, rich and a democracy" that ensure universal healthcare is every single other developed nation on Earth, from Australia to the United Kingdom.This sort of ignorant rant was a large reason you guys lost the last election and the healthcare debate....Show more

Tory Clapper: The US Govt is whatever the people decide to make it via their elected representatives.There is nothing in the Constitution about capitalism, nothing preventing there being public healthcare, a federal Army, social security or any other thing!The 10th amendment means that things not PROHIBITED in the Constitution remain rights - period.Therefore the public has a right to public healthcare if it so decides....Show more

Ariel Arons: I have read a couple of your responses to questions and, quite frankl! y, I can't tell if you are using sarcasm or you are just plain! stupid. Please tell me that you are using sarcasm because I don't think that anybody could be so wrong about everything they say. If you are serious, I might have to downgrade my opinion of the intelligence of the general US populace.

Newton Fedorko: You have the right to get medical care when needed. That is embodied in the terms of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Because neither of these principles are possible if you can't have your Health Issues attended to, I think this is a basic right.

No comments:

Post a Comment