Sunday, August 16, 2020

Son allergic to laundry detergent?

Hunter Osterberger: My son has eczema and I use dye-free, fragrance free laundry soap, like Dreft. I also do not use those softener sheets. For tonight, you could dab on a little hydrcortizone cream. Use sparingly.

Rona Espalin: Sounds like he is having a reaction to your laundry detergent or softener. I have had trouble with this in the past with both my daughter and me. I first started having bad trouble after having my first child. I had to buy All Free and Downey Free and had to rewash all my clean clothes over again. It took some time for my skin reaction to go away, but it finally did. Now I am able to use regular All laundry detergent and still use Downey Free and my whole family seems good. As far as lotions go, find something unscented or for sensitive skin. Eucerin always worked well for me. Good luck and happy washing!!...Show more

Helen Zafar: My husband and daughter have the same reaction to Gain. I use Tide.

Mark Villifana: Dref! t is safe for newborns/infants/toddlers. It's very mild detergent.

Jayson Brod: If I was in your position, I'd call the doctor. Stop using this detergent and go back to the old one. See if the rash goes away. Good Luck!

Cierra Gadbaw: You would need to stop washing his clothes with that laundry detergent. You could go back to Deft or I used tide for sensitive skin that help both of my boys because they had same problem your son is having.

Georgianna Zollo: It could be an allergy to the detergent. There are certain ones my family can't use because of that type of reaction when they do. Try finding an unscented detergent OR you could try something like a dye free detergent as well since it could also be the dye in the detergent that causes the rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment