Thursday, July 23, 2020

I took a year off after graduation to be a stay-at-home-mom.How to I explain it on my cover letter and resume?  

I took a year off after graduation to be a stay-at-home-mom.How to I explain it on my cover letter and resume?  

answers 0:I'm having a hard time writing my cover letter. I would love to say that I am a recent graduate, but that isn't exactly correct. I graduated last year. I also can't say that I have experience, because I spent the last year as a stay-at-home-mom. I've worked (or rather, didn't work) myself into a corner! Should I avoid mentioning that I took a year off in the cover letter and write it as if I'm a new graduate, and then explain myself if they ask? Or, is it better to add a line such as "I'm joining the workforce after a period of motherhood"? (a line from http://www.collegerecruiter.com/pages/questions/qu... - I can't find anything completely fitting for this situation!)Should I mention that I staye! d current on the dental field by reading career-specific literature, or something like that?I have a terrible time wording things properly....Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment