Friday, March 20, 2020

College vs Investing?

Joesph Smithmyer: I recently invested in a networking business for $500. It seems to be working pretty well for me, and am able to work with one of the top leaders (he retired at age 29). He's helping me run the business successfully, and I'm hoping to do the same for others as well! Feel free to message me if you're interested and I definitely wouldn't mind helping you. :)

Christiane Cattano: I think your thought process is predicated on the fact that a) education is not beneficial, and b) that your circumstances prevent you from achieving said education.First, education of any type is beneficial. There is only so much you can learn by reading information about investing online, and doing "mock" investing exercises. What a finance or business degree will teach you is not only the technicalities, as well as building your network, but how to think. No amount of surfing and researching the net can teach you how to critically think and analyze a problem the way a four ! year college degree will. On your second premise, there are some really great colleges that offer alternative online programs, just don't go with an "online" only college, many are rip-offs, and tend to have laxer standards than standard professors who teach both real world and online "hybrid" courses. I think you are probably going to invest your money anyway, but the problem is that individual investors cannot responsibly manage their own money without a great degree of risk, without the proper equipment(half the reason to work at an investment company is that they have great trading platforms that allow them to make trading much more quickly and accurately than you could at home or through a broker), and without the proper education. If, and more likely when, you've burned through your educational fund, then what do you plan on doing? That is the more pressing question that you should be asking....Show more

Bob Pucella: It has to be online college because i have a ! heart problem. Either online college or courses.

Teodoro! Lamond: BOTH! get an education, and an online education may not be harvard but education is knowledge and its all valuable. while you are getting that degree start investing small, after you have the proper education coupled with a few years experience could help you get a good job as broker as it is unlikely that your college fund is going to give you enough capital to take an income from.

Sang Hanafin: about it you can get information from here http://infofinance.notlong.com/7AAHfhY

Alisia Sutphen: Invest in education, If you are talking about investing in stocks, then I suggest that you do mock investing for a couple of months just to see how well you do picking stocks. Mock investing, you are not using money just pretend to learn how it works.

Clemmie Burkleo: JG - my first impulse was to trash you a bit on your remark about how business and finance degrees won't help you invest, but I shall resist. They will though. Those majors will teach you so muc! h about how the markets work, how companies work, what a company is worth, the value of intangibles, how to asses risk, how to formulate risk factors, how to formulate valuations, understanding of micro and macro-economic forces and much much more. This is all important knowledge and skills to have, especially if you are trading - because then you are prepared to be able to understand and spot what makes a good investment.You seem very confused and operating on many assumptions that do not seem to be quite correct. I can feel your frustration in your question. I can also see that life has dealt you a bit of a raw deal as well. I fully appreciate your desire and drive. I fully understand passion - but when it comes to money, passion can and will at time severely hamper your judgment. I am going to make a very, very rare offer to personally help you. There have been very few people that I have given this chance to, and for some reason, I feel that you are one of those people ! that I should offer to help. I will not tell you what to do, but will s! imply be a knowledgeable person that you can run your thoughts by. You should be able to contact me via e-mail through Yahoo Answers. I promise that I will respond back to you. If you want, I will be willing to give you my background privately. I will do my best to help you understand the risks, consequences and rewards of endeavors concerning this particular topic. If you decide not to contact me, best of luck with your endeavors....Show more

Mauro Cowee: http://www.richdad.comRobert Kiyosaki is an excellent teacher and a very rich one.Learn from the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment