Friday, February 21, 2020

Would you buy a poetry book?

Hugo Pittari: No I wouldn't. I get a poem a day in on The Writer's Almanac and can read poetry just about anywhere else.And if you want to make money, don't for a moment think selling your poems will do that.

Davina David: I've bought one before, and I've actually been featured in one, but I know that not a lot of people are interested in buying poetry books. Poems aren't really like books, and there are countless websites where you can find all of the poems you could ever dream of reading, poems by famous poets and not a bunch of newbies. Writing and selling your poetry will not make enough money to keep you alive.

Oscar Waddups: hard problem. do a search onto google. that will can assist!

Rona Espalin: I think very few people would be interested in buying a 100 poem book by a completely unknown poet. Try sending single poems to magazines, literary reviews and so on.Also, if you want to write poetry that truly means something you can't cater to what you! think the public will buy, that's not how poetry works. You write poetry that comes from inside of you and hope someone will like it, but you can't force it. You don't write poetry for money, if you do it's just fake doggerel....Show more

Ramon Dahlheimer: I think the drawback is that simply as our society has changed and come to be more cynical and misanthropic. So has poetry. It can be the character of the beast. And because the poetry darkens, it turns into less appealing to the masses. Lets face it. We all see the crap on the earth. We maintain it daily. Why would we wish to entertain ourselves with it. Thats to not say all modern-day poetry is dark and foreboding. It may be attractive and uplifting. It might probably elevate individuals from the depth and provides them wings. I dont believe most people expect that form of thing from brand new poets although. I believe for persons to embody the brand new poet, they, their community, and publishers have to work to! fortify modern-day poetry's street cred. As anything on the w! ay to ease the darkness in peoples lives, not simply replicate it....Show more

Valentine Willinger: hard factor. search on to google and yahoo. just that can help!

Randolph Lozoya: Yes, I would buy a poetry book. I have a few already. One of them has an illustration on every second page to go with each poem. I find the pictures add to the poem. I like this kind of book. I think more books should be illustrated, and not just children's books. I like to buy graphic novels and they are not all Batman or Superman kind. The artwork is very good in many. I nearly buy the book just for the artwork :) but yes, I like reading poetry, for example, nature, descriptive, story, about people, characters, places etc. Let us know when you have it published!...Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment